ANNOUNCEMENTS - 11th, 12th and 13th April 2014
April 10, 2014
- Today palm Sunday services have begun. Palms will be distributed after every mass inside and outside the Sacred Heart Church. Kindly co-operate with the Hospitality Ministry members and with reverence receive the palms...
- The Holy Thursday service, on 17th April, will be held at 6.30 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds Isa Town. It will commence with the commemoration of the Last Supper, washing of the Feet, Holy Communion followed by Holy Hour Adoration at the Altar of Repose. On this day there will be no services in Manama except in Arabic at 6.00 pm and Malayalam at 7.30 pm. For further details please refer to the parish notice board.
- Good Friday is a day of Fast and abstinence. The service on 18th April will be held at 3.30 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds Isa Town. It will commence with the way of the cross followed by commemoration of the passion & death of our Lord, General intercessions, Veneration of the cross and Holy Communion.
- On Saturday, 19th April, the Easter vigil service will commence at 7.30 pm at the Sacred Heart School grounds, Isa Town.
- The Holy week and Easter services schedule, is displayed on the parish notice board and the church web site.
- Lenten Alms Envelopes with your contribution should be put in the boxes labeled “Lenten Alms” placed at the entrance of the Main Church and the Mother Church.
- For those without transport to Isa Town, arrangements have been made for buses, Please assemble at the Bus stop near the Art and Craft Center, Al Zubara Avenue. Those who have space available in their cars, are requested to kindly pass by the steel gate of the church, to give people lifts, on their way to Isa Town for the services.
- On Holy Thursday the Buses will leave at 5:00pm, 5:30pm. and 6.00pm.
- On Good Friday The Buses will leave at 2:00pm, 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm.
- On Holy Saturday The Buses will leave at 6:00pm, 6:30pm and 7.00 pm.
- We will require a lot of white flowers to decorate the Altar of Repose on Holy Thursday and Easter Sunday. Donors may bring them on the previous day to the Sacristy.
- Please make your confession well in advance. There will be no confessions on Good Friday and Holy Saturday.
- On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the holy week a biblical movie will be screened at Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium after the evening mass until 8.30 pm.
- Parishioners are requested to park their cars properly while coming for the services at Isa Town and Manama in order to avoid blocking traffic.
- Kindly patronize the Brick by Brick project by contributing BD.20/- per brick to support the Cathedral project. Volunteers will be present near the Brick by Brick banner after every mass to receive your contribution.
FRIDAY MORNING MASSES ONLY
Today the Way of the Cross will begin at 4.15 pm. in the church compound followed by mass at 5.30pm. at Sacred Heart Church.
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY ONLY
The Deepening of Catholic Faith Session will be held tomorrow, 12th April at 7.30 pm in Our Lady of Arabia Auditorium conducted by Rev. Fr. Wilson.
The carnival 2014 entry tickets has been launched. The entry tickets for the two days mega event are available at parish office, Jesus Youth help desk and with all community leaders. For programme details please refer to the parish notice board or log on to parish web site.
Fr. Uldarico Camus, OFM. Cap.